Constitution Description: “It shall be the duty of the Secretary to preserve the minutes and attendance records of all proceedings of the Executive and Central Committees. The Secretary shall, at the direction of the Chair, notify members of the Executive and Central Committees of meetings of this organization. The Secretary shall perform all other duties usually incident to the office of Secretary.”
Position Description: The Secretary of the Senate District is the recorder and keeper of the records of the Senate District DFL. Good records prevent wasted time and misunderstandings within the district.
Specific Job Duties:
- Accurate recording of the minutes of senate district Central and Executive Committee meetings, and distribute meeting minutes to district members.
- Maintain a list of all district members, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses, updates to the VAN.
- Maintain attendance records for meetings and events.
- Notification of meetings and events to district members.
- Maintain a collection of permanent records of activities to be forwarded to future secretaries for use by future senate district officers.
- Preside over meetings of the senate district Executive and Central Committee if the Chair and Associate Chair are absent.
- Represent the senate district as an alternate at state DFL Central Committee meetings as scheduled.
- Represent the senate district as an alternate at monthly Second Congressional District DFL meetings.
- Attend local meetings.
- Support DFL endorsed candidates.